Welcome to Maison Lairoux Holiday Homes in the Vendée, France
Imagine - driving from your holiday cottage to one of the many local sandy beaches (only 15 minutes away!), spending the day at the beach - sunbathing, playing in the waves, eating ice cream and Chi-Chis, building sand castles and then wandering along to a beach-front restaurant for some locally caught seafood or 'Moules & Frites'.
Maison Lairoux is the perfect location for summer holidays - with quick access to the beaches, yet far enough away that you can relax in peace and quiet on the patio terrace after a long day of site seeing.
Even out of the summer months there is so much to do here!
- For families with pre-school aged children - our games room is full of toys just for them! Plus the beaches/car parking etc.. are not so busy!
- For birdwatchers and nature lovers we have a wide variety of flora & fauna to see - with a natural flood plain at the bottom of the garden attracting migratory birds each autumn and spring.
- For cyclists we have lots of undulating country lanes nearby - and over 1800km of marked cycle paths & trails.
- For Dog Lovers - we are very dog friendly, have a large garden, and provide lots of toys for your pet. We have lots of Dog friendly beaches in the Vendée and can let you know the best spots for walkies!
- For Stargazers - we have very dark skies and cloud-free nights. We can see the Milky Way with the naked eye, and often see the summer meteor showers (usually watch them lying on a sun lounger, drinking hot chocolate!)
- For Wine Lovers - we have the Fief Vendéen Wine route - starting only a 10 minute drive away in Mareuil-sur-Lay. You can visit the vineyards, taste the wine and cycle around the vines. Make sure you leave lots of space in your car boot to take wine home with you!
- For artists - we have sweeping landscapes, deserted beaches, medieval villages and lots more to draw, paint and photograph.
In 2020 our Games room was totally renovated and updated - watch the video and then click GAMES ROOM for more details!
Le Vieux Café, has 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and sleeps up to 8 guests, perfect for large families or friends sharing. New private terrace and pergola added in 2019.
L'Ecurie, has 2 bedrooms and sleeps up to 5 guests, and is a home-from-home, with private patio terrace overlooking the gardens and marais Communal.
Both holiday homes are ideal for family friendly holidays and family dogs are welcome too.
Maison Lairoux is set in the heart of the Vendée, only 15 minutes from the beautiful sandy beaches of La Faute sur Mer, 40 minutes from La Rochelle and Les Sables d’Olonne and an hour from the Puy du Fou Theme Park.
Dog Friendly holidays in France - Puy du Fou 1 hour away - Holiday Cottages - holidays in the Vendée
Read the Latest Blogs from Maison Lairoux Holiday Cottages
Our Favourite Beaches in the Vendée
The Vendée is famous for its long sandy beaches, windswept sand dunes and amazing surfing conditions. We are so lucky to be living at Maison Lairoux Holiday Cottages - only a 15 minute drive to some of these beaches. I just had to share our favourite ones with you in this ‘Vendée Beach blog’.
I hope that you will come to love them as much as we do!
Summer bookings will start and end on a Saturday, but we can be more more flexible at other times of the year.
Please ask for more details and remember to Book Direct with us for the best price, service and local knowledge. (We do advertise on other online travel websites, but some of those may charge you a fee, and all of them charge us!) Just trying to save you some money! #BookDirect
The summer is long and warm - usually starting around mid May and going on until mid September. Temperatures can get as high as 35 degrees in a heatwave year, but are usually at a comfortable mid-20s range! See our Weather in the Vendée Page for lots more information about what to expect during your stay!